2010-02-27

Recently Read: Doppelgangster

I read. A lot.

Always have.

I'll be the first to admit that my tastes aren't mainstream. So let's take a quick look at a book I've recently read,  Doppelgangster by Laura Resnick.

In this sequel to Disappearing Nightly, Esther Diamond is a Jewish Broadway actress working in mob affiliated restaurant. Although this puts a strain on her budding relationship with the detective she met in Disappearing Nightly, the tips are great and the owner is good about time off for auditions and real employment, i.e. acting gigs. But when Esther witnesses an impossible murder (after the victim claims to have seen his double), it's clear that there may be a magical aspect to the crime.

Think The Dresden Files meets The Sopranos. Doppelgangster is a witty riff on the urban fantasy genre. My rating: 5 stags.

No comments:

Post a Comment